Friday, May 6, 2011

This is Psalm 19:

(Blatant childlike, anthropomorphic faith, and lovin' it)

The heavens are telling of the glory of God, and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Day to day they pour forth the message, and night reveals knowledge. Yet there is no speech; nor are there words. No voice is heard.

The vibrations of the heavens have gone out through all the earth, and their utterances to the end of the world.

In them he has placed a tent for the sun, which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, who rejoices like a strong man to run his course. The sun's rising is from one end of the heavens, and its circuit to the other end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes!, more desirable than fine gold, sweeter than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb.

Moreover, by them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. What man can discern his own errors? Oh God! Acquit me of my hidden faults, and keep me--your servant--from presumptuous sins. Let them not rule over me.

Then I will be blameless before you, and I shall be acquitted of great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditaion of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment