Tuesday, June 11, 2013

From NASA to NSA

Let is be noted that now our formerly Frontier attitude of exploration has now morphed to something else: a national obsession with Security.

We Americans have changed, within my lifetime, our emphasis from NASA (National Aeronotics and Space Administration) to NSA (National Security Administration.)

From discovering the outer limits of our potential, to collecting data on the inner workings of citizens.

From expansive exploration to morbid introspection.

Not a good sign, but life goes on in spite of the digital mountains of accumulated metadata. New peaks of human endeavor to conquer? Just watch your p's and q's and you'll have nothing to worry about.

As for me, a Christian, I see it this way: My Lord instructs me through his word that my life should be an open book of Christian witness anyway. So what does it matter if Little Brother has nothing better to do than collect my metadata and then occasionally read it when the bureacrats in Washington or in Utah go looking for wild things under the beds? Maybe he'll catch a glimpse of the Gospel somewhere in my dirty laundry.

If they can find nothing better than that to do with their time, I feel sorry for 'em. Maybe one day they'll get bored with all that info-collecting and take a trip to the moon or something.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Glass Chimera

No comments:

Post a Comment