Sunday, May 3, 2020

Spring in my Step

Spring rolled down into the blue ridge today
blastin all our covid cares away;
she rolled in like a queen
with corona crown of royal green.

Spring

I be strollin’ now out in the sunshine
glad to leave them Febs ’n March behind
out walkin on the greenway trail
these bloomin’ good vibes cannot fail
cuz aint no covid ’strictions now gonna crimp my gait
no not today my April blues were worth the wait.
With my pocket miracle transistor radio
I be striding in sunshine and sayin' hello.

But lemme tell you ‘bout this tune that really makes me lose
them covid crimps and those wintry blues:
the wonder of wonders is that Motown sound
bustin outa deep dark Detroit as I walk around
keepin’ perfect time with my springtime stride;
Yea! now it’s time to take a ride!
down memory lane with my lifeline bride
cuz she was surely My Girl back in the day;
yet she’s my lifetime woman still today,
and though she be now in ICU as a nurse
her love strolls beside me just like at first.

   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCcNcHx2DpY

Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment