Wednesday, December 23, 2020

How I Handel the Mess

I was grieving our present situation. It’s gotten very messy.

Scrolling around landed me on a  a blogpost from 2700 years ago.

The message looked something this:

Isaiah53

Scrolling a little further through our human predicament brought me to a musical rendering of the scroll, which helped me to understand what is happening now and has been going on for a long time.

While I felt that we could not handel this present showdown, after hearing what these singers had to say about it, I felt like I could handel the mess a little better. 

 At one hour, and a half-minute, into this oratorio event, I discovered the musical rendition that helped me reconcile our sad situation. 

     Collegium 1704, Vaclav Lucas

HandelMe

Surely, surely . . . 

he has borne our griefs, and our sorrows He carried.

Yet we him esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

But He was pierced through for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities.

The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed.

All of us, like sheep have gone astray; each of us has turned to his own way.

But the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.

 

It all fell on Him, the one in the manger.

King of Soul 

No comments:

Post a Comment