Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quantum creation, by design mechanics


"He doesn't believe in evolution," spoken about a political candidate.

How about baseball--does he believe in baseball?
"Well, yes. I think he likes the Cowboys, er, I mean the Rangers. And he likes the Yankees. I mean...Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, ya gotta love 'em, and Yogi Berra, who said 'the future ain't what it used to be.'"
Probably not the Red Sox then. He probably doesn't like the Red Sox, if he likes the Yankees?
"Uh, no, he'd say anybody but the Red Sox.But maybe the White Sox. I think he likes them."

What about apple pie? Does he believe in apple pie?
"Well, yes, probably. I mean...this is America, for God's sake."

The flag--does he believe in the flag?
"Absolutely."
What about Chevrolet? Would he drive a chevy to the levee?
"Actually, he drives a Ford. Have you driven one lately? Besides, I don't think he can afford a Volt."

How 'bout mom? Does he believe in motherhood?
"Oh, yes. Surely he does. I mean, who doesn't? How else would we have gotten here? Everybody has a mama."

But not by evolution.
"No."
What about Natural Selection?
"Oh...sure. Naturally. I'm pretty sure he believes in that. And he may even acknowledge natural selection and evolution as two of the plethora of natural processes that contribute to biological development, within creation."
So he believes in Creation?
"Sure. How can you not? I mean, its all around us."

Then you believe in Intelligent Design?
"Oh yeah, I've always had a Mac. I use it for everything."
You're not into Windows, then?
"Nah. Any Windows-based system can't hold a candle to a Mac. But I will say this about windows: Whenever God closes a door, he opens a window. I'm thankful for that."

Well ok then. I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for sharin'.
"Da nada, man. Its a free country."

CR, with new novel, Smoke, in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment