Friday, December 17, 2021

Somewhere Over

 For Wizard of Oz in ’39,

Yip/Harold wrote their Rainbow tune;

Now their melody comes to mind 

as seagulls prance on sandy dune. 

 

Gulls

,

Somewhere

here o’er the sand dunes

sea birds fly;

here’s a

beach that I dream on

hearing their screechy cry.

 

Out here

here on the sea strand

sea birds play

here now

here on an ocean

I hear in my true dream way. 

 

Someday I’ll soar above the sky

ascend up through those clouds so high  

below me

where troubles drop in skyward hops

away above all earthen stops;

that’s where you’ll find me.

 

Somewhere

way past the real world

I shall fly;

Christ rose up past the rainbow

So then… yeah, so shall I.

You believe that?

I could think of worse things to happen.

Selah.

Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment