Saturday, August 6, 2022

Browning of the Green?

 Listen to Song: Deep Green

SeaTree

Deep green on the sea

deep green on the ocean

Deep green on the mountains

Through the morning mist I see

and over the wide plains

a ringing, vibrating harmony.

I hear the green

the waves of moving light and sound

muffled in their confusion

between the soldiers of the city

and the soldiers of the forest.

Old rocks are broken stones

faraway on mountains 

and on shores yet unknown.

Thundering surf, powering waves

beating hearts and minds

throbbing the rhythm of life.

Towering buildings over cracks in sidewalks

autos in exhaust fumes

buses with their signs

faces that hold relics of faraway minds

and visions that rustle

at the stirring of midnight and noon

Oak trees, like dreams

with their wide wide occupation of space and time.

TreeRoots

Like these mountains

 and like the sea

Oh where is time where is time for me

Where is is liberty

my guarantee of sovereignty?   

Oh . . . 

My father in the sky has forgotten

My mother on the earth has abandoned me

My children in the forest have abandoned me

or have I abandoned them?

Traffic consumes me

Confusion assumes me

and I rise like mist above the crowded valleys’

spatial dis-harmony

Rotting

asking for redemption having no plan

but to spin a melody out of the stars

and pray for rain to wash away our tears.

May God help us keep our 

Deep Green.

Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment