Thursday, October 6, 2022

Tree Agreement

Did you ever see a tree

with which you agree?

Today I did see a tree

with which I agree.

TreeAgree

You may think me to be

a little daffy

because I did see this tree

and to think I could agree

with a tree is a little wacky

But I’m not the only one.

You may say that I’m a dreamer

but I’m not only one.

Leo Tolstoy once saw a tree

with which he did agree.

Actually it wasn’t Leo who did see

the agreeable tree.

It was Prince Andrei Bolkonsky.

And yes, with Prince Andrei I do agree

that a tree can agree with me. 

He saw a tree that was old and gnarly

and with it he did agree

But the next day it was green and bloomy.

So he convinced himself to agree

that an old tree,  that was, like life itself, gnarly

could indeed be bloomy, not just all the time gloomy.

Prince Bolkonsky and the tree and me do agree!

Do you see now how I could agree 

with a speechless tree?

After all, poems were made by fools like me

but only God can make a tree

and who wants to disagree

with the Deity?

Not me.

The tree with which I agree

is growing on a rock!

Imagine that!

Although you don’t have to imagine it.

Here is another tree for you to see:

AgreeTree

I didn’t make it up. 

So maybe you can agree with me and Prince Bolkonsky,

and of course, Emily. . .

Poems were made by fools like me, but only God can make

a tree grow on a rock!

Selah.

(Glass half-Full) 

No comments:

Post a Comment