Monday, July 15, 2024

I Stand Correcting

 On the point of so-called “christian nationalism” being sucked into the current trump-fascist attempt to take over America, I stand correcting.

In the classic Parliamentary Procedure procedures, “I stand corrected” was a polite way of a member admitting that he was wrong about something that he/she had said earlier, perhaps in a debate, or whatever discussion my be taking place. 

In our current American discussion, this centrist Constitutionalist takes issue with an irksome tendency of left-leaning critics to lump the teachings of Jesus Christ in with the current pandemic of trumpian fascism by which former “conservatives”, “Republicans” and “christians” are erroneously lumped in with donald trump and his proud brutes who attepted to mount an insurrection against the people of the United States and our government. 


Read now, the actual principles brought forth by Jesus Christ:

“Blessed are the Peacemakers.” “Blessed are the  meek (people), for they shall inherit the earth.” “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.” “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” 

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” “A good tree brings forth good fruit.”


“I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. . . naked, and you clothed me . . .sick, and you visited me . . . in prison, and you came to see me. . .  and inasmuch as you have done these things to one of the least of of my people, you have done it  unto me.”



Now, considering those historic words of Jesus Christ, we can evaluate the credibility of politically-minded people who are, in their efforts to entrap our people into the abuses of trumpian “chris***n nationalism” have attempted to appropriate for themselves the mantle of religion, we can repeat Christ’s warning as stated in above, in the third paragraph of this point of correction. 


“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

Bottom line: this Christian, Carey Rowland, who happens to be an American, is not willing to stand by and allow the ravening maga wolves to usurp the message of mercy and peace that Jesus Christ presented to the world. 

All you trumpian magas can take your bull***t misappropriations of Christian faith and toss them in a port-o-potty somewhere. 

Jesus was prescient when he said: “ The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, for the violent do take it by force.”

The contemporary manifestation of that dynamic would be: The government of our United States suffers violence, because the trumpy insurrectionists do attempt to take it by force.

                    Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment