Monday, August 3, 2026
BCAC
When I was a young man, young and foolish, founded upon a foundation of the Catholic faith, God was forming my life, personality, talents, potentialities. . . allowing me a taste of life’s pleasures, making out with girlfriend on the sofa, sipping beer with buddies on Friday night, cruising around town, catching tunes on the radio, then expanding my horizon with
studies at university, experimenting with pot and hallucigens, philosophy, coitus and temporary love, with no obligation, no responsibility, no children.
Then along came stage 2, moving far away, not being watched by old family and friends,
wandering far, far away from the religion of my youth. . . sitting at the bar, ogling topless girls.
After a season, I settled down with one gal, whose influence was educational, but destructive. She led me to an old lady, said to be wise, who turned us on to some ancient mysteries that had been revealed, or so they said, by a madame blavatsky, as written in some old book, the secret doctrine, which was an occult regurgitation of ancient stuff in Asia,
long ago. My relationship with these people evaporated very soon, and I went on to live life in a new way, as if I were born again. Even though the chief occultist had gone down to earth, looking for some some souls to steal, he did not get a hold on me.
Strung out between a rock and a hard place, I drove down Texas and had an encounter with the Lord of Universe. . . you know, the One who created us, about the same time that he created the earth. It was a little bit like a stairway to heaven, like the one that Jacob saw, a
long time ago, and then Nathanael, Jesus’s disciple, caught a glimpse of, while he was traipsing around with the first apostles.
I was born again—into a new life—it was about 1977. Not long thereafter, I met my true life companion and married her in 1980. Since that time we have lived a prosperous life, fulfilling the destiny that the Lord had set out for us, which including raising a son and two daughters.
Praise Go! As the years went by, we were educated and sanctified by the faith that Jesus Moses, the prophets, and Jesus had established. . . including the assurance that when I am resurrected from this life, after 75 years or more, I will be eternally, in a better place.
One last, curious detail: There was a period of time when we were traveling in China, because our son had a job there. In one leg of our journey there, near Chung Du, I happened to be in a graveyard. I noticed a gravestone with a swastika carved into the inscription.
All that to say. . . that crooked cross, the the one hitler and his gang of nazi thugs had appropriated for their disastrous third reich war, destruction, holocaust, and ultimately demise, like a shot in the head in a Berlin bunker. . . that crooked cross is no more than a meme in time compared to the one on Calvary, where our Lord and Savior demonstrated for all mankind, and for all time, that Life goes on after death, and if you go with Him you will
live in eternity with Him, or. . . just be laid in the cold, cold ground somewhere.
Just sayin’. You can believe or not; it’s up to you.
Glass half-Full
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment