Friday, February 15, 2019

Upon Hearing yon Folk'n'Class Ensemble

Here be my silly February poem;
I don’t know where it cometh froem
except I saw it somewhere online
n thereby did watch it more than one more time.
If you as a yankee doodle
are going to not now be foodled—
if u going to make any sense of this,
you’ll have to click on du UTuub soundtrack, dis:

GuitarAcordi

Europa Europa where are ya
Ensemble Ensemble how are ya
Kumbaya Kumbaya who are ya
Strumma strumma votre guittara
Oh I remember Carlos Montoya,
‘though I grew up wit Tom Sawya.

Who’d’ve thought it
Who’d’a thunk it
to see him plunk it
while accordion dun wunkit
and orchestra delunk it
like Jordan when he dunk it.

Europo Europo wherefore art thou Europo
Could a rose by any other namo
sound so sweet as dis singing guittaro
caressed by yon blowing bandoneono
pluck’n forth allegro non troppo
while Europa fluttereth ah tiempo
n thereby revivin’ Europo du resonato.
Oh, I feel  Europo oughta be sustenuto!


No comments:

Post a Comment