Friday, July 29, 2022

Boomers' Lament

 You say tomato; I say tomahto.

You say recession; I say inflation.

You say inflation; I say degradation.

Let me explain.

You say goodbye and I say hello.

Recessive inflation or Inflated recession.

I don’t know; you?

what’s if to you? what’s it tooya

this is bound to confuse ya

that’s the point

got it? 

To whit:

you say Right; I say Left.

right is right while left is bereft?

Confusion’s an Infusion of Illusion. 

Too much of either causes contusions,

of my illusions, anyway

but hey

Oh cut the crap.

Admit it. You’re a jackass; I’m a bumbling beast.

You’re kicking up a storm; I’m throwing my weight around.

Orangutangs are skeptical of changes in there cages.

So what else is new?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the tranche

take a  chance chance ch-ance

MBS's CDO's, CDF's, back in 08, it was

or was in '29? 

number ny-an, number ny-an

leaves me bereft. You?

Pick a card any card

don’t tell me what it is

is it black or red?

red or dead?

red or blue

what's it to you?

consider this instead

monkeys wanta rearrange the whole jungle.

whiled rightist rugbyites wanna rumble

wild lefty loopyites will likely litigate

replay of watergate?

Watergate does not bother me, said the alabama guys

even as dirty tricks undermine the amerikan mind

and pollute us who don’t give a hoot 

crowd. Loud.

Shiver me timbers said Ahab to the Starbucks but

look what happened:

AhabDead

meanwhile back at the ranch

ranch clotidian prime meridian

grenich village and the grinch

stealing xmas while kiddos slumber

dances of sugarplums in their dreams

hell i dont know what it means

sugarplum fairies in our memes?

plutonium in our mines; pluto in far-curved lines

but new yok times said god is dead

back in ’63

or was it ’64?

dealey plaza’s all I remember

when a grassy knoll took its toll

or somebody said . . .

or somebody spoke and i went into a dream

oh oh oh o

they blew his mind out in a car

took a cha-cha-cha- chance

meanwhile back at the mideast r-r-r-ranch

ahab the arab, sheik of the burning sands

conducts petrolands with his oily hands

as secretive cybers secrete streams of wet dreams

You’re all wet said the the well-connected sycophant

as the miller told his tale 

i read the news today oh boy

about a lucky man who made the grade

he blew his mind out in tirade

using Capitol as a stage

and as I watched them on the stage

my hands were clenched in fits of rage

stop the steal stop the steal

said the joker to the psychos, unreal!

sycophants stealing ‘cross the Mall

to upstage it All.

That’s all y’all.

Last one out  turn off the lights.

Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment