Thursday, March 30, 2023

How Degeneracy Happens

 Biblical parable reveals how Republicans degenerated into trumpism.

The words of Jotham, as presented in the book of Judges, chapter 9:

 

Once the trees went forth to anoint a king over them, and they said to the olive tree, “Reign over us!”

But the olive tree said to them “Shall I leave my oil, by which both gods and men are honored, to hold sway over the trees?”

Next, the trees said to the fig tree, “Come and be our king!”

But the fig tree replied, “Should I give up my wine, which cheers both god and men, to hold sway over the trees?”

Finally, all the trees said to the thrornbush, “Come and be our king!”

The thornbush said to the trees, “If you really want to anoint me king over you, come and take refuge in my shade; but if not, then let fire come out of the thornbush and consume. . .”

FlagJan6

Glass half-Full   

No comments:

Post a Comment