Friday, April 7, 2023

The End of Death

On April 4, 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in Memphis.

The night before, he spoke a message; it ended with these words:

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I’m not concerned about that now. I just want to do God’s will. And He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I’m happy, tonight. I’m not worried about anything.

I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Dr. King knew, no matter what happened the next day, or whenever. . . he knew that he would see the glory of the Lord coming for him.

To commemorate Dr. King, and for the continuance of his work as a preacher of the gospel, and the continuence of his work, like Moses, as a Liberator, I wrote a song many years ago:

                                             Mountaintop                                       

On this April day, about 2010 years ago, Jesus Christ was crucified. Then they took him down and laid him in a tomb. Maybe it was here:

EmptyTomb

Here's a song I wrote about us and Him:

                                            Follow the Way                                       

  For Christ's sake y'all, we commemorate, on this calendar day, Good Friday, His Life and His Death by crucifixion. 

 There is only one man in history who died a bloody death and then lived to tell about it. I'm going with him, later on, at my own death. On that day, my dying day, He will receive me into eternal Life. And when I get there, I will be able to meet Dr. King, and Moses and a whole host of other folks. . . maybe you, if you can believe it!

King of Soul 

No comments:

Post a Comment