Saturday, January 5, 2019

What Joe said . . .


Ponder what he said, long ago. This lesson pertains to forgiveness, and other truths . . . destiny, injustice, endurance, faith and human nature.

“Then Joseph said to his brothers, ‘Please come closer to me.’ And they came closer. And he said, ‘I am your brother, whom you sold into Egypt.’ “
“ ‘Now do not be grieved or angry with yourselves, because you sold me here, but God sent me before you to preserve life.’
“ ‘For the famine has been in the land these two years, and there are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting.’
“ ‘God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant in the earth, and to keep you alive by a great deliverance.’
“ ‘Now, therefore, it was not you who sent me here, but God . . .’ “

For more about Joseph and his brothers, read Genesis 37-48.
Also, consider Peterson’s lecture on this subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7V8eZ1BLiI

King of Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment