Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Insanity 2024 style

 “I was born and raised as a child” is a phrase that I heard many moons ago, spoken by my friend John before he passed away. 

 Well that’s an interesting array of topics to just toss out, out of the blue, while undertaking to write meaningful thoughts upon a blank screen: Birth, childhood, friends, and death. . .

There’s a lot I could say about these subjects, but what I’m really getting at is insanity. . . er. . . not exactly, no. . . that wasn’t the idea at all. What WAS that thought I had? . . . must have been an inspiration. I mean, I just watched a vid doc about the Beatles because they were a big deal back in the day when I was a young fool on the hill and in the concluding comments the video producer used the word “insane” in a manner that—it occurred to me for the 7th time lately. . . this word has changed meanings!

I mean, when I was still a young fool on the hill the word was used to identify persons who had literally gone crazy, like, um, in a loony bin kind of crazy.  

But now that the word insane is used to describe—I’m not sure exactly what—um, um (the new word for and, um) . . . let’s just say nowadays it seems to indicate, um, beyond what’s ordinary, or maybe, in some contexts, even beyond the ordinary in a good way, like, like (like, the new word for “I’m thinking about it” ) maybe even “inspired”, like. . . what a great idea!

So maybe “insane” has totally switched places with inspired” or . . . quite an inspiring idea or . . . or maybe just different.

I don’t know. I haven’t figured it out yet. I mean, I don’t like to think of the other possibility that. . . um. . . like the world has gone insane and maybe nobody has really noticed the societal change, nobody except, um . . . me? 

Or maybe it has something to do with January 6th being thought of as some kind of legitimate historical event.  If that’s the case, maybe the world is going insane, I mean, um, like attacking our Capitol and trying to debunk our Constitution was just, like, a walk in the park. 

Yeah, that’s it.  Jan6 was just a walk in the park, like, you know, from the Ellipse to the broken window in an upper hallway while Nancy and Ted just happened to be running for their life and Mike was down in the bunker praying for wisdom. 

I mean, somebody has to stand up for America instead of, you know, “stand back and stand by” while all hell is breaking loose. 

Yeah that’s it. Most likely methinks the world has indeed gone bonkers and now I’m starting to figure it out. 

Yeah that’s it. The world has gone insane. Or, wait, maybe its just the US, maybe its just US who have gone insane and now everybody is starting to realize it. . . like, um, when Dorothy woke up and hey, what in the world?

Maybe I should be looking for my ruby slippers? Seems I ain't in Kansas any more, or even, like, Oklahoma, or . . .

Oh, that’s insane. Fuhgedabowdit! Maybe its just that the fox hath stolen the henhouse.  

Go find the farmer in the dell and tell him the fox hath stolen his henhouse.  Insane? Yeah, maybe. That could be it. Come to think about it, I knew we were in for a rough ride when I started hearing things, like. . . the little birds started tweeting in my ear. 

Or maybe it was when the fox stole the henhouse. 

Insane? you say? Join the club. Methinks this must be what English majors do when we get old.

 No worries! Fugedabowdit! So you think the world is going crazy? That's just, like. . . insane. It’s all in your head.  You can’t make this stuff up. Reminds me of an old musical, Oklahoma!? No way; that's just insane. 

Glass Half-full

No comments:

Post a Comment