Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Sands of Time

 Watch these lines of rhyme

Slip through the sands of Time.

Washington was father of our nation

Lincoln gave birth to Emancipation

When Roosevelt saw the Crash of ’29,

Hope was sown in New Deal time. 

After Europe torn by nazi scourge

Eisenhower silenced world war dirge.

“50’s found Ike as President

Elvis as chief resident

As Abe had gone to Gettysburg

Jack went to unwall Berlin urge

for peace, almost seen 

like Martin, with his Dream

Walk hand in hand

and together we’ll stand

on a new threshold.

But We gotta be bold. 

But. . . but . . .

But what?

But Kennedy in Dallas slain

Jackie cloaked in bloody stain

Kronkite takes off his glasses

As smoke veils o’er knoll of grasses?

But hey life goes on. That’s what!

I feel it in my gut.

What’s done is done.

But who had the gun?

Fugedaboudit.

Life is good; don’t doubt it. 

What’s gone is gone.

Carry on.

Love is coming. 

The beat goes on. 

Drum keeps on drumming.

You think so?

I know. I know!

Life is good, y’all. 

Let’s go to the mall.

Yeah I say unto thee

All Americans got to be Free!

I mean Martin glimpsed the Promised Land,

But taken down by trigger’d hand!

Still yet we build our American heaven.

But where were you on 911?

Don’t remind me. 

Don’t you see?

We gotta let it slip through the sands of time!


cuz despair ain’t worth a dime. 

And I told him that!

As Amos, to Andy, had said.

And we ain’t dead!

Yet.

Glass half-Full

No comments:

Post a Comment