Saturday, June 29, 2024

Old News and New News

Old news, from Rusty Bower, Speaker of the Arizona (state) House of Representatives, testifying to the “January6th” investigative committee of our US House of Representatives, on June 24, 2022, speaking to Rep. Adam Schiff at a session of the Special  Committee investigative hearing:. . .

(Note: For purposes of simplicity, I , the blogger, have minimally redacted some incidental or repetetive phrases of this interview. 

Rep. Schiff: Did you ask Mr. Giuiliani for proof of these allegations of fraud (election interference) that he was making?

Rusty Bower: On multiple occasions, yes.

Arizona Speaker Rusty Bower: He (Rudy Giuliani) said that they did have proof, and I asked him, “Do you have names? For example, we have 202,000 illegal immigrants, some large number, five or six thousand dead people, etcetera, and I said, do you have their names?

Rep. Schiff: So Mr. Giuliani was claiming in the call that there were hundreds of thousands of undocumented people and thousands of dead people who had purportedly voted in the election?

Bower: Yes.

Schiff: And you asked him for evidence of that?

Bower: I did. 

Schiff: Did you ever receive from Giuliani evidence either during the call, after the call, or to this day?

Bower: Never.

Schiff: What was the ask during this call?. He was making  some allegations of fraud, or a couple of things . . . He had a couple things that he wanted you to do? What were those?

Bower: The ones that I remember. . . that we would hold . . . that i would allow a an official  committee at the (state) Capitol, so that they could hear this evidence and that we could take action thereafter. And I refused.  Up to that time, the circus (I called it circus) had been brewing  with lots of demonstrations both at the counting center and at the Capitol and at other places, and I didn’t want to have that in the House. I did not feel that the evidence granted in its absence merited a hearing. . . .and I didn’t want to be used as a pawn. If there was some other need that the committee hearing could fulfill.  So that was the first ask—that we hold an official committee hearing

ShiffAnd what was the second ask?

Bower I said, to what end(?) the hearing.  He said, well we have heard that there is a legal theory or      that you can remove the electors of President Biden and replace them; we would like to have the legitimate opportunity, through the committee, to come to that end and renew that. I said that’s totally new to me. I’ve never heard of any such thing, and he pressed that point. And I said: You are asking me to do something that is counter to my oath, when I swore to the Constitution, to uphold it. 

(So that was conversation that took place in 2020Meanwhile, now shifting this blog time line back to present era:)

New news:  June 2024: After enduring  trump’s slings and arrows of outrageous lies and ranting during their debate, President Joe Biden went to Raleigh and spoke to the people there. He told them:

“I don’t speak as smooth as I used to. I don’t  debate as well as I used to. . . I know what I do know; I know how to tell the truth. I know right from wrong . . . and I know how to do this job.I know how to get things done . . . and I know what millions of Americans know; when you get knocked down you get back up!” 

So we notice that, in presidential politics, sometimes there are lies and sometimes there are attempted lies, such as Giuliani and his team of insurrectional lawyers were trying foist upon the Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives in January of 2020. That insurrectionist strategy launched by trump is a far cry from the honesty and integrity of our President Biden. 

Glass half-Full 

No comments:

Post a Comment